Co-registration at the University of Vienna

Co-registered students are persons who want to pass courses and exams at the University of Vienna to get them recognised for their degree programme at a different Austrian university.

  • You cannot complete a degree programme at the University of Vienna as a co-registered student.
  • The co-registration has to be renewed every semester for interuniversitary studies.

Required Documents

You need the following documents as PDF files:

  • student record sheet of the current semester (the semester you want to co-register in)
  • student ID card

Application period

  • Summer term 2024: 8 January until 31 March 2024
  • Winter term 2024/25: 10 June until 31 October 2024



How to apply for co-registration

1. Activate your u:account and register in u:space

Activate your u:account, which you will need as a co-registered student, in u:space within the application period. Log in to u:space and finish the registration process. Pay the tuition fee/Students' Union fee at your home university, as you will need your student record sheet of the current semester.

2. Submit the required documents

Send the required documents with a brief explanation of why you wish to co-register via e-mail to:

3. Enrolment

Once your application has been processed, you will receive an e-mail to the address provided in u:space. Then you can print your student record sheet in u:space > Personal matters > My documents. As you are not a degree student at the University of Vienna, the co-registration will be entered under the name of your studies at your home university. The name of your degree programme will appear on your student record sheet of the University of Vienna.

Detailed information on courses, course registration deadlines, etc. is available in u:find and in u:space.

Continuation of your co-registration

In order to continue your co-registration, submit the following documents via E-Mail ( within the above mentioned application period of the respective semester:

  • your new student record sheet
  • your student ID card

 A co-registration is not possible

  • if you are already admitted to a degree programme at the University of Vienna. You can participate in courses of another degree programme and, if needed, get them recognised at another university.
  • if you study at a university of applied sciences.
  • if you are a student of a non-Austrian university.
  • if you are admitted at a different university within a mobility programme.
  • if you are a non-degree student at your home university.
  • if you are currently taking a leave of absence at a different university.